Benefits of being a member of EAA
EAA’s membership is made up of European national angling organisations which are recognised at national government level as stakeholders in fisheries and environment management.
EAA membership offers your organisation unparalleled insight and access to the EU institutions and other European and international policy making, scientific and advisory fora e.g. FAO, EIFAAC, GFCM, Bern Convention, HELCOM, ICES, World Bank through a dedicated full-time office in Brussels from where our team run our public affairs on all matters impacting recreational angling.
Meeting with Karmenu Vella, Commissioner for the Environment, Maritime Affairs and Fisheries
In addition to support and services from the EAA secretariat, EAA members benefit from the professional services of AliénorEU who are contracted to run EAA’s public affairs with the European Parliament including providing the secretariat for the Forum on Recreational Fisheries and the Aquatic Environment, which arranges events at the European Parliament. EAA can provide your organisation with tailor-made solutions to support you with public affairs work in Brussels.
Meet the team: Julie Changivy & Thomas Tessier
EAA members benefit from:
- Regular news and updates on the latest issues and policy affecting recreational angling around Europe.
- Access to scientists, researchers, academics and NGOs.
- Access to EAA’s two sub-groups (on sea- and freshwater issues), which draft EAA position papers, consultation inputs and lobby strategies.
- EAA-organised themed conferences.
- Networking opportunities with European angling organisations.
- Regular communication with other EAA members through ‘task forces’ or ‘working groups’ on specific issues.
- Advice and support from other EAA members in areas such as; strengthening your organisation, recruiting members, governance, legal questions, environmental improvement projects, joint funding and project applications.
- Identifying funding opportunities for projects.
- Dialogue with the European Fishing Tackle Trade Association (EFTTA) with whom EAA works in partnership.
- The ability to vote on the direction of the organisation at the annual General Assembly.
To find out more about joining EAA please contact us here
EAA General Assembly 2016 in Denmark EAA Board meeting at the Berlin Green Week in 2018